1. What does Online Banking Service provide?
Online Banking provides information of all UNB products and services the bank offers, such as account and credit card balance inquiries, fund transfers, remittances, purchase of some UNB products and any other requests in which you don’t need to go to the branch.
2. How to create an Internet Banking Password?
By calling the Call Centre, an agent will attend verifying your details for security purposes then you will be transferred to the system to press on the phone your 6 digits TPIN as per your choice and then the confirmation. Then with this TPIN you can access the online banking.
3. Why the TPIN (Telephone Banking Identification Number) automatically deactivates?
When you have entered the wrong PIN three times it will disable your Uninet access automatically. Also even if you are entering the correct password while UNB system is under maintenance it may also deactivate your TPIN .
4. Can I change the password for the internet service through the website?
Yes, you can change your password through the Website (Online Banking), if your log on to Online Banking (UNINET) you may see on the left side under Maintenance the option to change the TPIN. Subject that you remember your old password then your new password will be working on both telephone banking and online banking.
5. How to generate my CPIN (ATM Cash PIN)?
By calling the Call Centre, an agent will attend verifying your details for security purposes then you will be transferred to the system to press on the phone your 16 digits account numbers of your Visa Electron Card/Visa Credit Card/ Master Card followed by hash(#) key, then dial four digits of your choice to be your Cash PIN .Redial the same four digits to be confirmed. You have to use UNB ATM to initialize then it will work fine for the other banks ATM as well.
6. Why don’t you send print out of CPIN to your customer?
We are setting it through Phone banking for security purposes assuring that only the Account holders can create and use their own PIN code. We can provide print out upon request given on communication difficulty, but the customer must go to the branch in person after presenting valid identity to one of our Customer Service Officer.
7. Can I pay Utility payments through UNB Website?
Yes, you can make your utility bill payment through our Uninet online banking but first set up to Add your utility account. Then go to Transaction, an option “Pay Utility” will be there, choose the account to pay then Submit and Confirm.
8. How to Add Utility Account to pay online or through phone banking?
When your log in to Uninet you can see on the left side under Maintenance. Click on Utilities set up, press Add then choose which utility company you want to make, complete account details and description, Submit it and then Confirm. This is a one time activity and it would be saved under your utility accounts.
9. How to pay utility bills online or through phone banking?
If you have added your utility account details on website, as you call the phone banking, after an agent verified your identification you will be transferred to the IVR entering the alias code for phone banking you have made, then you can follow the voice commands in order to pay your utility bills.
10. How can I pay my UNB Credit Cards bills?
When you are Online just select from which account to Debit, then enter to which Credit card to pay and put the Amount to pay then Submit and Confirm to precede with the payment.
11. If I made a payment to my credit card through the website, when it will be credited in the card?
Your payment made to your credit card will be credited with in the next 24 hours.
12. Can I pay my utility bills from my credit card instead of my account through Uninet?
Yes, you can pay utility bills from credit card, it can also be paid through your accounts.
13. How to send remittances inside or outside the country?
Just add your beneficiary details under the Beneficiary set up under Maintenance Fill up the information needed then go to Transaction, enter the amount you want to send from AED 500 to AED 50,000 to be transferred from Dirham per day then will be received depending on which currency and to where you are sending the remittance.
14. Why the wire transfer international remittance don’t update on same day?
It’s being transferred right away on the side of UNB network but upon the recipients’ country it will go first to the corresponding bank, before it will be transferred directly to the actual bank of your beneficiary.
15. What are corresponding Banks on every country? Why not available on the site?
There are several banks on different countries which one can view through the website. From the home page of UNB online, go under Financial Institutions you will find corresponding banks of most of the countries.
16. I am trying to add a beneficiary, but I do not know what ABA number is?
The requested code will be subject to the beneficiary location, in UAE, we use swift code, in England, they use sort code, and other countries have different codes.
17. From where can I get detailed information of the transaction that I made through the website?
From the website when you log in, you can see under Inquiries the transactions log of all transactions details you have made through the Uninet.
18. Can I reload my gift card?
No, you cannot reload your Gift Card, whatever amounts loaded are the prepaid amount that can only be used as per your requirement. You need a new card to avail on same services. You may avail the Gift card through any of our branches instantly or through our website www.unb.ae - the order you made through the Uninet will be sent to the delivery address mentioned by you.